• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1986 GT Mach Swap

cpearson1342

My swap has been "done" for a while now with minor changes going on all the time, but here's some recent pictures and videos as well as some during the swap

cpearson1342

DSC_0146.jpg 1437261274111.jpg 20150714_034851.jpg DSC_0174.jpg IMG_20150711_122743517_HDR_zpss6802wqk.jpg Here's my car at the 2015 Foureyedpride Fox-a-que along with what my gauge cluster looks like, but I have another thread about that

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Sorry I didn't meet you when we were at the Fox-A-Que a few weeks back. I checked out your car but didn't realize that you are also on this board. I'll definitely look for you next year at the Fox-A-Que or if you come up to Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester, CT for the Shelby-American meet in April.

cpearson1342

I didn't realize you were on here either, I looked at your car though. Very nicely done, I'm going to be redoing a lot of stuff on my car this winter so hopefully it will look a lot cleaner and more professionally done for the next time. We kinda rushed it the first time so I'll definitely see you at one of the shows

cpearson1342

4th run on the strip, I'm the left lane. Sumitomo HTR ZII 275's with about 28psi in them at the time. Drag bags were cracked up to about 30psi I think so going to experiment a little more next time

Attachments

• Snapchat-7732208232016313428.jpg
    Snapchat-7732208232016313428.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Speedtospare

Looking good! get some drag radials and launch it!

I managed a 12.7@107 on my Mach 1 swapped fox but then I put drag radials on launched and broke both axles......and spider gears....and new 4.10's....crunchy.

New build rear and eaton swap, low 11's

cpearson1342

I can't seem to get below 13.3. It's pretty consistent though. I don't know if I just need a little practice or maybe just need a dyno tune instead of the bama tunes. I went again on Sunday and got 3 13.3's

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds like you need to run ET brackets and make a little money :)

Speedtospare

I'm running a aviator motor (same as mach 1) 96 intake cams, easton swap bumped from 8 to 9 psi. stocks manifolds, 2.5" x-pipes with cats, fowmaster, and 2.5 tails. Trans is a t-56, gears are 4.10. Car runs 11.5's spinning through 2 gears. I should have it into the very low 11's by next year.

In other words, mod motors love the gear :)

cpearson1342

I was coincidentally watching this the other day before you linked it. Very cool car, I also want a notch, but an 85-86. I also use this car on the street a lot and is currently my daily driver so I don't want to go too crazy with it.

Speedtospare

Mines all OEM parts. You could easily dail drive it. Leave the 3.55's and look into getting a Eatson swap. I paid 2700 Canadian for mine complete. Keep the car under 475 whp, and it will be happy for a long time.