• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1989 LX Modular Project

drfrazzy

I am new to this site and to the "modular" swap but not to the fox body mustangs.

I was lucky enough to score a good deal with the modular and a lot of parts but the swap was not completed.

I have a 1989 Mustang LX that started its life as i4 cylinder with only 86k miles. The body has practically no rust. Except for few minor surface rust on the top due to cheap macco paint flaking off.

Here is my part list and pictures of it as it is.

This is the list of what I got the car with as it is.

Stripped engine bay paint and painted PPG base clear
4.6 dohc block from mark 8
98 cobra head
98 cobra cams
98 cobra intake
tr3650 out of 01 cobra
new 11" flywheel
stock 2001 cobra clutch
1995 cobra rearend with 3.55 with 12" cobra disc
mark 8 electric fan
a/c ford racing delete kit
01 cobra fuel rails
01 cobra injectors
2004 front calipers
hydro boost brake
1995 mark 8 engine harness
1998 cobra k-member

Since then i have gathered 1995 spindles, 04 cobra rotor, aeromotive sump tank with 92 sending unit, aeromotive a1000, aeromotive regulator with pressure gauge, lincoln mark 1995 wiring with lincoln mark computer to avoid pats.. if i read correctly

I have a long list of parts I am still collecting as this project goes.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. It looks like you have a lot done already.

drfrazzy

Thanks man! Yeah, the previous owner did a lot of work and I was lucky to land this good deal. I have been ordering parts for it.

The only thing I am still unsure of ordering is the wiring harness. I have a mark 8 from 1995 and computer from mark 5. I am not sure wither to stick with it or order aftermarket kit and sell the Lincoln mark harness kit.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Thanks man! Yeah, the previous owner did a lot of work and I was lucky to land this good deal. I have been ordering parts for it.

The only thing I am still unsure of ordering is the wiring harness. I have a mark 8 from 1995 and computer from mark 5. I am not sure wither to stick with it or order aftermarket kit and sell the Lincoln mark harness kit.
Just make sure to get the OBD-II setup and not the EEC-IV like we did...

drfrazzy

Okay... this project will be slow for now... due to working and working on my other projects. I want to get my other projects sold then I can focus on this modular swap.

Instead of working on the mustang. I have been on a ordering frenzy along with ordering parts for my 2-1968 cougar xr7.
I have since then ordered new Stiffler tubular crossmember to mount up my tr3650 from the 2001 cobra.
Ordered a new cross drilled cobra 13in rotors which looks beautiful!
New Ron Francis M6-91A wiring kit!!! It should arrive 2 to 3 weeks. They are recommending me to go with 96-97 cobra computer. I already have a mark 8 DZA1 from a 1995. I may sell the ECU to get the cobra as recommended.
New strut for my hatchback strut. I am tired of using a pole to hold the trunk up.

Before, I bolt in the entire drivetrain. I am going to have to drop the motor to install the hydroboost easily and fab the tubing. That is going to be so much fun!
I am having so much mix feeling about what route to go with the cluster. I am trying to find a somewhat cheap but yet I want the quality and realibility of the cluster. Should I go for the digital ones that the americanmuscle is selling? or go florida5.0 or completely custom?

drfrazzy

Okay.. I bought a used florida 5.0 with 500 miles on it.... Hope it works out good on my favor for $515 shipped.... at least..... all the expensive parts are out of the list.. it s down to the little things

I need to buy a 96-97 cobra ecu to work with my Ron Francis wiring application and my application on my motor. Anyone need a mark 1995 ecu? No pats, I believe. I will be selling locally on CL as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo 2 (15).JPG
    photo 2 (15).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo 3 (12).JPG
    photo 3 (12).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 41