• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my 91 lx coupe to 97 cobra 4 valve drivetrain swap

mustangcrazybj

It seems to launch best around 5k, but this was my first time at the track with the new setup, I honestly.expect this this car to go 12.30's as is before the bad weather sets in

whiteponygt

ok i looked back over the post i didnt see where you had done anything to the rear are you launch at 5k on stock axles?

mustangcrazybj

Yup 5k launch on stock rearend, I put the new 3.73 gear, new axle bearings and seals in it but I re-used the stock axles. They will probably let go real soon, I'm surprised that they didnt on the pass when I pulled the wheel lol

mustangcrazybj

Another PB 1/4 mile pass in the coupe yesterday, the previous best on motor was 12.55@107, yesterday I squeezed a 12.20@111mph out of it in some better air and with some weight reduction.
londontrackrental_zpsc1b1190c.jpg

1456143_695837477095830_1738714512_n_zpsf10d8073.jpg

mustangcrazybj

Yes sir, it weighed in at 2920 without me in it before I raced it, however I swapped the 18'' wheels for some big and littles which should have dropped me around 100 lbs. I weigh right at 220 lbs myself making the race weight a hair over 3000 lbs

Speedtospare

Excellent. I had the same MPH with my eaton swap 93 coupe but my swap weighed 3040 w/o driver. Only had one pass of 12.7 bogging then i upper the rpm and broke the axles lol. I did a eaton swap after that.

I think i see you pop the wheels off the ground. nice!

mustangcrazybj

These cars are for real, how does the eaton swap do for you? I am actually doing another 4 valve swap into a 91 coupe starting this week. It's a ported eaton terminator T56 swap so I'm expecting some pretty good #'s out of it too

Speedtospare

car on 91 octane pump gas, 9 psi, safe tune, and a 17" drag radial, went 11.50 without power shifting. Still fighting traction so next year going full slick. should be 11.20's in the combo.