• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

need a transmison for my 5.4 what do you think?

coryjones

So i have a 5.4 and a 4r100 4x4 i called a tranny shop they will convert it to 2wd and real seal it all and look it over for $900 basically they said disassemble it replace the tail shaft and resemble it and new tail housing.or they can add clutches and rebuild it all to handle more power for $1,500 to $1,800. Should i go this route or just look for something else currently my car is 5 speed i am open to either route but i have this one sitting here. I am trying to keep this cost effective and put more money into the motor and doing a clean swap at the moment.

coryjones

I picked up a 4r70 now i need to figure out what to do for a torque converter. It is going to be a mainly street and carshow cruse car with a few trips to the track.

coryjones

Are the 4r70 and 4r100 the same converter? I have a 70 from a cop car and a 100 from the navigator.