• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new edge rear end in fox

modulistic

havent got the rear end swapped over, but I know its going to be very wide. Ive read that I can use it, but will need different offset rims. Also, I have left the new edge control arms on the new edge K member. I am not liking how the rims poke out a little too far on the front. I have heard that s197 rims will work on the back with the new edge rear in a fox... would they work up front too on new edge control arms?

I guess my question is will a set of 18 inch 2014 GT wheels work?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I personally like the new edge control arms. The Ackerman angle, caster and camber were all adjusted to better take advantage of the chassis characteristics. If you are only going to drag race, it doesn't really matter. If you are going to autocross, open track, or drive aggressively on the street, steering is a really nice thing.

whiteponygt

You can use either only problem is if u use the Fox a arms it looks goofy with the sn rear u have to get wheels with a different backspacing or run the Fox rear.

whiteponygt

imag0193-jpg.1790

modulistic

I got it all in there, brought the new edge control arms over, front and back. Don't hate it, but don't exactly love it either. Pics:

Attachments

• KIMG0188.jpg
    KIMG0188.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 71
  • KIMG0187.jpg
    KIMG0187.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
  • KIMG0186.jpg
    KIMG0186.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58

modulistic

thanks a ton. I was just under the impression that I absolutely needed to use the fox control arms / rear end. I am going to try some s197 wheels and see how they look.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I like the way they look. It is really about what you want the car to do. You can get wheels/spacers that will put the tires where you want them.

hipoman

On my drag car i used shorter tubular controll arms to get away from that way out there look on skinny's. On the rear i narrowed my 8.8 for deep dish. If u r going for handling a 0 offset or more backspacing.