• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new old guy....lots of questions

HCOR

been lurking for some time and now I'm getting ready to jump into my newest project. 1993 Mark viii engine and trans transplanted in an 86 thunderbird turbo coupe running narrowed rear and 33x21.5 tires. my main 2 hang ups are what other intakes will fit this 93 engine and what headers will work? I'm running a stock 99 k member for mock up but may change out for qa1 tubular.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You have several intake choices for the 93 Mark VIII engine. The most common, and one of the best performing is the 96-98 Cobra intake. There are a couple of Tbird builds on there for you to look at. Most of the short tube headers will work fine. The JBA mid length headers work really well also. The Tbird's fire wall is slightly different than the Mustang, but will only come into play if you try to go with big tubes. JBA has a rep that frequents the site, so you might want to chat with him about your specific needs, particularly if you have any emissions requirements.