• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to MFM. Doing a termi conv to 93 notch

04mach17

So this is my 3 year project so far.. Has started life as a 4 cyl auto body very strait and then the guy I got it from stripped it and was putting a chevy transplant in it with a tube k and a 9" rear.. They then decided to use a nova for the project and sold me the fox chassis for $200 bucks but they kept all from suspension and rear end.. So I brought a rear and a stock k member and made the car a roller and towed it to my shop.. I was originally going to take my 306 h/c/I novi 1000 race motor out of my 91 hatch and put it in.. So I started shaving the engine bay for that setup.. Once that was done I stripped the interior and windows out.. Then I found a 87 Gt hatch with a 99 cobra motor conversion in it for 2800.. Only bad thing was the car had a broken cam bolt and did not run.. But had built rear end, aje k-member,manual brakes and manual flaming river rack! full drag suspension, full aeromotive return style a1000 fuel system, cage, 03 cobra cluster, trunk mount battery.. Blah blah.. So I wanted it for the conversion parts.. Then I put the motor in a 2001 cobra I had at the time and sold the trans.. Well then I decided to build a motor and go turbo and run E85 with my notch.. So I found a single 78mm turbo , FAST injection system and bought all my internals for the shortblock.. Got some stage 3 ported heads so now all I had left was the stg 3 cams and Sullivan intake, 160lbs injectors and I had a 1000hp notch right.. Well I got bored of my 01 cobra so sold it and bought a 03 cobra.. Then as my luck would have it I had a valve hang up and break so it completely ruined my 03 cobra motor.. So I had to take all the parts from my notch build to rebuild my cobra.. Not notch has no motor again.. So I got a 2.3 Whipple for my cobra and before I even got to put it on I seen a post for a 2003 cobra motor and trans for trade Whipple plus cash.. So I gave him my Whipple and 2k cash for the drivetrain.. Came with everything including computer and harness all the way to driveshaft.. So now I have my transplant but only a turbo for my cobra.. So I threw up trade turbo for Whipple or kenne bell and got a strait trade for 2.8kb with behemoth intake and LfP sbtb and full kooks long tubes and mid pipe.. Great deal.. So now my cobra is done and I have the drivetrain for my notch.. Finally I can get on the notch project..

So I bought a 8 pt. Chris Alston cage and custom made my swingouts, through the floor subframes, mini tub kit, afco rear coil overs, and some 345/30/18s for mock up! So far I have only done the subframes in the car, the cage and mini tubs are still in the box.. Problem is that I do not do welding and fab work.. I own a shop in Sacramento called M&M Performance.. I do mechanical and out source my fab, welding to my brother and the body and paint to one of my close buddies.. So I kinda have to wait on them for that part of the build.. My plans are to have the car done by the end of the year.. I'm up in the air as for wiring right now.. The 87gt I have now is already wired for a 99 cobra drivetrain now but I am shaving the engine bay in the notch so I wanna eliminate as much wiring as possible.. I may just take the 03 wiring and 93 dash harness, cut out all the wires I don't need and make my own harness.. I am good at wiring even though I hate it! I will be posting pics soon.. Just gotta clean everything up and start snapping pics!