• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Users Please Read

89Slow5Eaux

New to the forum. Just sourced an extremely low mileage 3V from an 07 GT. Looking for hints tips and tricks for the install! Thanks for all the help in advance. I have an 89GT and an 07GT(track car) I'm not new to the mustang game. But am new to the modular fox swap world!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. Make yourself at home. You're in the right place.

89Slow5Eaux

Can anyone point me in the direction of a well documented 3V Swap? I'm finding a ton of 2V and 4V swap info but not much on 05-10 motors? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Can anyone point me in the direction of a well documented 3V Swap? I'm finding a ton of 2V and 4V swap info but not much on 05-10 motors? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
There are a couple of guys on here doing the 3V and I have seen a couple, so don't give up looking. I haven't done one (yet), but want to follow a well documented one as well.

whiteponygt

Not much experience on the 3v but have messed with a few 2&4v and will say these swap are pretty much all the same k member hydro boost wiring ,not many documented 3v swaps on here looking for to seeing yours.good luck

89Slow5Eaux

Ya I'm seeing a lot of people say it's not worth it. It will require custom exhaust work to adapt 2V headers to 3V flanges but I don't see any reputable exhaust ship not being able to accomplish this welding. And the FRPP control kit makes it pretty damn plug and play. It's going to require some patience and planning. Measure twice, cut once!

whiteponygt

Imo for the price vs hp the b head 4v swap is plentiful and usually rather cheap I picked my whole donor car up for 3500.it's just something to consider

tgorilla

We have a system in place that requires you to have no less than 10 Posts in order to edit your signature , View attachments or post live links anywhere. (NO SPAM and One Liners)

If you have reached the required postcount you may have to wait 15 minutes for the system to update you.

This is not here to be an inconvenience to you, It is here to protect legitimate users and our staff from mass amounts of informational posts while using our forum.

Here is a clear list of what permissions you get and at which postcount

New users 0-10 posts
Post replies and threads
Upload an avatar
Follow & Like
Edit user info
Post replies and threads
Upload an avatar
Follow & Like
Edit user info
Showcase threads
Post links
Create Signatures
Download resources
Post replies and threads
Upload an avatar
Follow & Like
Edit user info
Showcase threads
Post links
Create Signatures

Donators $ 5.00
Get Everything from above plus more Blogs/Gallery/etc..

User upgrades are automatic and are handled by the system, users are updated every 20 minutes via a cron job. If you can't post links or anything else after you reach the required postcount then please wait a few minutes for the system to upgrade you.

tgorilla

Hey guys! Brand new to the forum. I am looking for info on what I need to do a successful dohc 94 lincoln mark viii 4.6 4v into my 91 coupe. I want to utilize the FAST electronics but otherwise I don't know what hardware is required. Any help on a list of components and places to purchase would be greatly appreciated!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You'll find everything you need here. If you haven't already, start a build thread and tell us about your plans for the swap. That will let everyone know what kind of help we can be.