• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Noob

bc474

Donator
New guy named Bill here. This site seems like exactly what I am looking for. I am starting a 97Mark swap into an 80 Zephyr. I have zero experience with Mod motors but I will help out when possible.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Bill. Welcome to the party. That Zephyr will be an amazing ride once you get it together. I'm looking forward to watching the build. Once you get you posts done, get some pics up and tell us more about what you plan to do with the car.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
You came to the right place. I've got a '79 Futura with a Cobra 4-cam in it. If you haven't seen it already, look under "Modular Conversion Photos and Videos" for "Futura Cobra (a.k.a. the 'Futang' or the 'Cobura')". The toughest part of your conversion will be wiring. I'll be happy to help you if I can.

bc474

Donator
Thanks for the welcome fellas. I will get up some pics Bill but not much done so far. FuturaGuy the wiring is what led me to this site. I am certainly scared of that and will ask specific questions if I cant find them through searching old posts and the diagrams.

bc474

Donator
Zephyr in current state and donor Mark VIII. Last one shows the 275s in there with plenty of room...at least 3/4" clearance on inner and outer.

bc474

Donator
If the weather cooperates I am going to run the Mark down the dragstrip for fun this weekend and then start taking it apart next week.