1. Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dismiss Notice

Okay, Forget the 83 Vert

Discussion in 'Modular Conversion Discussion' started by vettn71, Aug 24, 2016.

1. vettn71

vettn71 Active Member

Just as I thought I had things settled out I ran across an 84 coupe roller. It is pretty fugly looking, but it's solid and the body is straight. The PO had done an8.8 5-lug conversion on it and stripped everything out of it. He said he was going to do a color change on it. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm insane. Maybe, just maybe

Jim

2. vettn71

vettn71 Active Member

Here are some photos of the 84. My wife's reaction was pretty good, also. I should have taken videos of that! But, it's a notch and they are getting hard to find in the DFW area.
    20160824_193241.jpg

20160824_193303.jpg

20160824_193249.jpg

3. cpearson1342

cpearson1342 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous, I don't personally like that nose (even though I own a notch just like this), but I think it looks great. If you think yours is ugly you should see mine, it's all vanilla

4. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member Staff Member Donator

Congrats on the find. If the ugly bothers you (or your wife) take it down to the local Macco for a machine sand and quality primer. They don't usually charge much and it changes the appearance of the project. My wife is like that, making $200 well spent.

5. vettn71

vettn71 Active Member

I was thinking of stripping it down, sanding it and having Maaco shoot it. I sure like the Calypso Green, though

Jim

Bill likes this.
  6. Trakspeed

Trakspeed Member

Nice, coupe is the way to go!

7. JD08

JD08 Member

It's amazing how the hatchbacks were hugely popular back in the day, but coupes stood the test of time.