• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PCM Harness Question

04Ryan

Is a 2003 GT PCM harness long enough to locate the PCM in the stock location? I measured the old Fox harness and the newer harness and it looks to be shorter from the firewall rubber plug to the PCM connector. I haven't actually tried to fish it up in there. But I figured you guys would know for sure. If it isn't long enough what are most of you doing to rectify the problem? Thanks!

04Ryan

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear...I'm gonna thin out the harness of wires I don't need. But I'm gonna try to get some of this wiring knocked out!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
No doubt the wiring is a pita, but take your time, don't take short cuts, and it should lay in almost exactly where the fox harness came out.

myers407

Staff member
He is right, it's a tight fit and be ready for a bit of missing skin if you have the dash in place. But it will go.

Roadhawg

I had to move the large rubber grommet farther done the cable, so I had enough length to reach the EEC.