• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

possible 91 coupe coyote swap

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
i know i havent been on the forum for a long time. well since i sold my old Frankenstein 87 modular coupe. ever since i have missed the hole modular seen. but now i think i am going back in to the mod motors again. but this time in a coyote trim or maybe a terminator swap depending on my budget. i have the 91 coupe i bought after i sold my mod 87 still that might be the next candidate for a mod swap. but this time i am not going to swap the interior spent more time with that then the rest of the swap. going to keep it looking plain but with a coyote or termi drivetrain. the only thing is i want it to be smog legal here in cali. i know the 4.6 swap stuff but the coyote i dont know much about that one. i havent seen to many making smog legal ones so i might try it. if any one know or has heard of anyone in cali smog law states that has done it and got it bar'd in there state iw ould like to know how they did it so i can try it. if i go coyote i am going 11-13 f150 coyote with the piston cooling going to swap the intake cam for stock gt ones and swap the exhaust ones for boss cams. throw the stock windage tray on no AC just power steering and the alt. hydro boost brakes f150 manifolds unless i can get the mustang ones to clear with out a hole lot of mods to them backed by the tko/3550 i got in my coupe right now. going to use a upr k-member i liked the one i has on my other mod coupe. most likely m going to strip the car down to just a 2 person car. everything i dont need will be gone cage with a full stifflers set up. m sure i will be changing more on it as it goes but i know it will take me a long time or so to get it done.

Attachments

• CAM00635.jpg
    CAM00635.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59

Bill

Staff member
Donator
We do have a bunch of new builders. My current build in on a 98 chassis, but there are some really cool new ones on here.

87_notchfox

Donator
Well we will see when i strip down my car n go from there

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

87_notchfox

Donator
Well i thought of the f150 coyote cheaper to get. I was just going to swap cams for gt/boss cams and use the f150 exhaust manifold unless i can make the stock gt ones fit.

87_notchfox

Donator
But now instead of my 91 which is now going to my brother. I got my hands on a no option canadian 89 coupe. Thats going to be my victim lol

87_notchfox

Donator
also going to go IRS in the back. but i want a hard mount cradle and narrowed to fit a foxbody. The one kenny brown mods

Last edited:

Speedtospare

Just use the delrin bushing and you should be fine. Stock width might be overcome with enough backspacing. Try the rear end as is but using a 2005 + backspacing mustang rim. try a 10" wide rim with 7.25 backspacing. Should be close.

87_notchfox

Donator
Well i got a hold of kenny brown for the mods to the cradle. Just to get the cash together for tge geometry change n hard mount