• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

proportioning valve

RussellJew

I'm in the process of swapping the front end, rear end and hydroboost system off a 98GT donor car to my 89 Fox. I have done a little research and have ran across people saying not to use the proportioning valve off the donor car. It looks as if a couple of guys on here have. If you have, hows it worked for you thus far

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I am a big proponent of using the factory valve if you are using the factory brake setup. Assuming you are using the complete system off the 98 GT, your donor proportioning valve will make the brakes work exactly the same as they did on the 98. One mistake people make with them is taking the loop out of the connecting lines for a cleaner installation. Don't do that. The hydroboost is mounted to the firewall. The valve is mounted to the front clip. There is a hinging effect under cornering/braking/acceleration that will cause the lines to leak or break if they don't have that little give.