• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Questions about steering gears

Red93stang

Ok I have the 93 Fox steering gear and a 04 Cobra steering gear. I would like to use the 04 and have read that it makes a nice upgrade. My question is, from my research I have read that you can use the Cobra rack with 93 Taurus outer tie rod ends and a MM hybrid steering shaft. I am using the fox interior and column. I have all the 04 Cobra stuff but I don't see how I could do this any other way and not have to worry about safety. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Speedtospare

I used a 04 Mach 1 rack in my fox. I just cut off the excess outer tie rods. I also use the stock steering shaft with a Maximum Motorsport SN95 rack adapter. Great improvement over the old stock work fox rack.

Red93stang

I couldn't find the adapter you were talking about. But I did order a MM hybrid steering shaft today from Latemodelresto. They had it for the same price as MM but with free shipping. I'm going to try and just use your method and cut the excess off the factory tie rod ends.

Red93stang

The excess is not on the outer tie rods. The sn95 inner tie rods bottom out in the sn95 outer tie rods. By the looks of it I will trim material off of both the outer and the inner tie rods to make it work but I think it's possible. Might as well since I have the sn95 parts and nothing to lose.