• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ready to go modular finally part 2

whiteponygt

ok so i know its been quite a while..but i didnt give up ive done alot of work but not much progress just drilling cutting and welding.So let me catch everyone up do to a faulty hood latch about 2 years ago i just currently finished installing a new cowl grill and front radiator support.Let me be the first to say no fun to put on.I test fit the motor with the sn control arms and really didnt like how far the wheels stuck out.Who else used them in there swap? so currently im changing over to the fox a arms. I also got the headers mounted on the engine, just a piece of advice steer clear of flowtech long tubes they are cheap the fitment is horrible and they rub.As far as the firewall i have cut and welded on the new firewall plate that holds the bearing for the steering shaft, and just finished painting under the hood so finally im ready to put the motor in whaa hoo. Im gonna try and get up some pics so wish me luck.

whiteponygt

also my luck when pulling the glass to replace the cowl grill i was at the last corner had already cut the glass and was lifting it out.I guess its the car way of saying it wants a new windsheildwinshield broken.jpg

Attachments

• painted firewall.jpg
    painted firewall.jpg
    835.5 KB · Views: 50

whiteponygt

Its been so long i keep forgeting to mention stuff.I purchased a cobra intake off of ebay yesterday waiting on it to get here and also got the dash for my interior swap which ill post later.Im waiting on my buddy to get caught up at his shop he is supposta powder coat my cam covers.I was hoping for an opinion or two on the cam covers im thinking white but worried its gonna be tooo much white on the car what color is everyone else thinking.Once i get me new ball joints and tie rod ends and get the frontend back together im gonna have pics of the motor in the car and finally put this rats nest of wiring in it, wish me luck.

whiteponygt

Wow its been a while since ive been on here...Ive noticed there has been alot of progress on everyones cars since last time congrats ponyboy car is looking good.So i finally got back to work on the car. Last time when i left off i had gotten everything mocked up and started painting everthing.Not much has changed since then only thing i really got done was ive replaced the windshield, changed the a arms and replaced ball joints, tie rods, struts ect...Also I removed the old smelly carpet and replaced it with a new one from latemodel and it look great.Upon starting the swap i wanted to do the interior swap after seeing everyones car i agree it looks awesome but it looks like a pain, im still struggling with it, did the dash swap make wiring easier for anyone or harder?