• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

slowly but surely starting my swap

Zvines1290

Hey guys finally started my swap right now the motor is at the machine shop. i removed the stock fox (red) interior for the 94-04 interior swap. And working on getting the old 5.0 engine, trans, wiring, harness and stock fox brakes all out. Im going with the gt500 trans (tr6060)and also will be using the detail zone wiring harness. I also have 03 cobra pedals that imma have to some how fabricate to work on the fox. Any ideas or tips would definently help. Will post progress pics as I go.

Bobby Amato

If you are using an sn95 dash the 03 pedal assembly should bolt right in. Am I missing something? you are going to drop 1k on the detail zone wiring harness and then swapping the dash? I think it would be more cost effective to get a wiring harness out of a wrecked car.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If you are using an sn95 dash the 03 pedal assembly should bolt right in. Am I missing something? you are going to drop 1k on the detail zone wiring harness and then swapping the dash? I think it would be more cost effective to get a wiring harness out of a wrecked car.
I agree save as much cash as you can you will need it somewhere else lol

Zvines1290

i already bought the harness. and im trying to find the dash componets. i was hoping i could just make the dash work by cutting and splicing the 2 harnesses together. and then use the Detail zone harness for the engine.

SVT FOX: I got like a frankenstein motor going on. im using the block and crank from a mark viii and then pistons and rods from a 03 cobra and then the heads and intake off a 99 cobra.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Lol they are all frankenstangs on this site. My car is 50% fox, 25% 96 Cobra and 25% Mark VIII. Just think of it like this your car will not be exactly like any other one. Thats what makes it unique.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I got like a frankenstein motor going on. im using the block and crank from a mark viii and then pistons and rods from a 03 cobra and then the heads and intake off a 99 cobra.

I think that's a solid recipe for a combo that will be strong enough to hold quite a bit of power! I have considered that very same route myself!

What stage of assembly is it in?

Zvines1290

i kno im pumped to have it. cause everyone is like doubting me and stuff.

SVT FOX: its currently in the dissassembly process the motor is at the machine shop but im trying to find the best bearing ands rings. Once i get the engine back. i will get the trans bolted up and hope the driveshaft i have fits. i should be able to start the car then and all that'll be left is the dash!! which im not to thrilled about. also i have to dye the interior parts black!!!

Speedtospare

Lol they are all frankenstangs on this site. My car is 50% fox, 25% 96 Cobra and 25% Mark VIII. Just think of it like this your car will not be exactly like any other one. Thats what makes it unique.

LOL. I'm Mach 1, Cobra, Aviator, and misc Mark VIII and SHelby pieces. I think were all Frakenstangs

Speedtospare

i kno im pumped to have it. cause everyone is like doubting me and stuff.

SVT FOX: its currently in the dissassembly process the motor is at the machine shop but im trying to find the best bearing ands rings. Once i get the engine back. i will get the trans bolted up and hope the driveshaft i have fits. i should be able to start the car then and all that'll be left is the dash!! which im not to thrilled about. also i have to dye the interior parts black!!!

Use factory ford bearings and rings. Don't go with the total seal or mega dollar stuff, its not needed. Stock 04-04 cobra motor items will hold up fine

Zvines1290

yea i kno there all frankenstangs cause mines mark viii, gt500, 03-04 cobra, and the new edge mustng gt, but i was just stating that the interior is going to be the most involved.

Speedtospare: would you kno the part number by any chance??

Zvines1290

sorry guys i havent posted much i have pnumonia and not doing to well. will get started on the swap and pics as soon as my health gets better!!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Sorry to hear you are under the weather get well dont worry about that car just get better lol the car can wait, again hope you have a speedy recovery, get well soon.

Zvines1290

hey guys my health is a lot better and i just got home from working out of town. tommorrow imma try and install my k-member and my rear upper and lower control arms. also was able to pic up a dash and center console for cheap. still wondering about the wiring on that tho!! hopefully i can get some pictures up soon!!