• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SN95 DASH SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
This is my buddies car he is still in the process of it. When i did mine i removed the windsheild and it made it alot easier. When i did my i didnt move any brackets i removed the lower bracket on driverside there is two mounting holes on driver side one is the bracket i removed and there is another right above it, you have to remove the heater vent by the steering wheel to see the mounting hole i used this on to bolt driver side, on the passenger side i just bent the mounting bracket back and it lined right up with the existing fox dash mounting hole on the passenger side of car. I also trimmed the sides of the new dash i thought it stuck out to far, some do it, some dont but i did. The top is trickey lol but i let it overhang the onto the cowl panel and got a idea of what needed to be trimmed and went at it. You can test fit your windsheild often just dont remove to much at a time. After all the trimming on the top I just took two self tapping screws and through the new dash mounting holes under the vent cover, screwed them through the tabs were the old dash mounted. Tightend everything back up and that was it. Alot of guys want to get the console fitted before cutting the dash i didnt but the console went in with a little tweaking. I also recommend getting the dash mount brackets off the sn95 car where it sets on the trans tunnel, this will help with the console fitment. You will also need the steering shaft bearing that goers in the firewall. i still need to do this step my self.

Chad Bender

I got the dash pad off the mounts last night and started the mock up of the mounts but i still got to get shaft bearing out of my firewall too but what would be the best thing to cut that out? I dont wanna end up fucking it up

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Not sure i gotta go get my bearing tomorrow my buddy is gonna cut it out i hope he cuts it big enough lol i would cut out alot on the donor car just to make sure i had enough to cover the fox hole. There is a guy on here named bobby check his build out he has a great pic of the bearing install on his its called "project insanity"

myers407

Staff member
I can do a good write up on this. There are a few mods that have to be done to the frame that most don't know about. The drivers side of the frame has to be cut or it will casue some big problems and you will cut about 4 or 5" off the back of the dash. I have done two of them along with active airbags in both. I am doing door pannels now so if you need anything let me know.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I can do a good write up on this. There are a few mods that have to be done to the frame that most don't know about. The drivers side of the frame has to be cut or it will casue some big problems and you will cut about 4 or 5" off the back of the dash. I have done two of them along with active airbags in both. I am doing door pannels now so if you need anything let me know.
Yeah do the write up for sure i didnt cut frame tubing in the corner but i thought it fit quite nice to be honest i seen pics of what you are talking about. Cutting the corner diagonally off the 3 inch heater tube that runs on the driver side and rewelding it. I would really like to see the complete write up on the door panels i would like to do this later on. I have another dash i need to cut that matches my grey interior, but im concentrating on other issues at the moment. Yeah Myers407 write away lol. the more pics the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.