• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

snapped bolts in motor

bigjohnsondohc

I have 3 bolts that have been snapped off on the motor. One is on the motor mount and I am fairly certain I can get that off with a nut and a welder. The other 2 are on the back of the motor that connect the bellhousing. I dont believe I can weld a nut on, mostly because one has a speedy out snapped off inside it (that is really stuck in it) and the other one is drilled for a speedy out that snapped off in it (I was able to remove the speedy out from that one). Any other suggestions to remove them?

Notch50

you should be able to still weld a nut to it even with the easy out broke off in it, the heat from the welder will help with removing the broken stud once its welded on. The weld will just have to be built up a little more, the nut may break off but just repeat welding another nut on the stud until you get it and remember to chase the thread with a tap afterwords to make sure the threads are clean.