• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Started a 5.4 Lightning swap

1badchp

Hey I joined to get tips and help on swapping a 5.4 SC into a 4cyl car. Mostly wiring help as I plan on merging the body harness in place and having PATS taken out.

1badchp

Looks like I need more posts on here to view anything. Anyone have any tips on the front suspension? I heard the engine is 225lbs more than the 5.0. What spring will work?

1badchp

Oh, will the 7.5 rear last any in it? Whats the capacity on it? Or will the first slicks launch blow it to bits?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Welcome 1badchp sorry for the inconvenience we like our members to be active.. Your answers and access will be available soon... Again welcome and nice project to got going there.. Make sure to post lots of pics....

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
X2 on the 7.5 coil overs with big cobra dual piston brakes so there for a spindle change to five lug. Unsure on the tranny.

Spdjunky

c4 won't work unless you get some special adapters. If it's not race only, run the 4r70 tranny, or an aod, I think there are a few years that still fit.

(Side note, Wish the limited viewing wasn't setup cough cough)

Speedtospare

Why not use the stock 4R100 out of the lightning? Will you be using the stock blower setup on the lightning? Your going to need a 6" cowl to cover that motor.

1badchp

I have a 8.8 now to build up for it, I was gonna do a C4 with a conversion bellhousing. It is going to be a drag car with very limited street use. Like to mess around town, not hit the interstate. It will live as a trailer queen. Only doing the swap because it will be different and will give me something to do. No one around will have anything like it, which is cool. I know I could do a carb 427 and just be done but I want something different.

1badchp

For brakes I have a dual caliper rear from aero and I was gonna pick up the front kit too. Manual conversion kit will be on its way soon.

Have you fitted the Aerospace Brakes yet? I am considering using them on my 86 GT and it would be fantastic to know if there as good as they look.

Steve.