• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

starting another one.. 93 hatch with a 4v

roachedone

Donator
so the story starts like this.. been working on this car on and off for 4 years now.. was going to be a drag car with a 351w based motor.... but i happened to stumble onto a deal i couldn't pass up, so there is now going to be a slight change to t he plan... here is what we started with. a 93 4cl lx..

lots of work to get it to this stage.. 8pt cage, lightened and removed everything possible,drag suspension all the way around.27 10.5 in the rear and 165/80 up front. gt front brakes ect.. ect..

then i got a call from a lady i contacted 6 months ago about buying her car.. well needless to say, $300 and a new battery and i drove it home..

95 mark viii, 110,000 miles on it.. 32v runs like a champ.. irs in the rear.... just need to gather a few things and the swap will begin..

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Looks like you will have a lot of the parts you'll need to make it happen

roachedone

Donator
Looks like you will have a lot of the parts you'll need to make it happen
yuppers.... actually registered the lincoln yesterday.. cut off the mufflers and went cruiseing... don't think the motor is gonna go in till fall just due to the lack of space for both cars.. gives me time to locate an intake and headers for the motor.. still need to find a kmember as well..

roachedone

Donator
Its a eastwood urathaine called moonlight drive blue metalic.. not too sure about it once i got it on the car.. was looking for more along the line of a dodge Patriot blue color, this one looks blue in one light, purple in antoher and black in the shade...

roachedone

Donator
finally got the lincoln stripped and hauled away.. paid 300 for the car.. sold the interior for 50, and got 300 for scrap out of it.. found a set of new in the box longtubes from a guy locally for 150. tube kmember for 75 local and picked up a new intake for 200.. all new gaskets for the motor for 100... I'm currently pondering the idea of droping the body down on to the motor and trans this time instead of trying to shoe horn the motor in.. had lots of issues when we did the 86..

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Inserting the motor from the bottom is a good way to go, particularly if you have a low profile articulating transmission jack and a cheap four wheel furniture dolly.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I found it to be straight forward from the top. When I get a lift in my garage, I would go from the bottom.

I'd like to build a badass metal table, on casters, long enough to drop the engine and trans, wide enough to accommodate 75% of the suspension width..

Would make life a little bit easier, for everything lol..

Speedtospare

I did the same thing. I put the motor on a dolly and lowered the car on to it. Had to drop the motor the same way to fit the valve cover when i had them powdercoated

roachedone

Donator
I'm just thinking of giving it a try.. got to swap kmember any way... i have an 8 foot wide Gantry on wheels at work that I'm planning on brining home to lift the front end.. figure with the headers on, and motor bolted to the kframe it should go easy... except for maybe the steering shaft.... who knows..

roachedone

Donator
well, not much happening lattly other then getting motor cleaned back up.. Had a bit of a fire in the garage amonth ago.. thought all the brake clean i had been useing to clean the motor off had eveporated, so weent to heat up a broken alt. bolt and boom... so now, im back in the process of cleaning.. its a good reminder for every one that no mater how carefull you are, you should always keep a fire extiguisher around.. luckly, i keep 2 in the garage.. never in the past 20 years have i need to use one, but always made sure they were close.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm glad no one was injured. I set a chevy on fire once. If I hadn't needed to drive the thing the next day, I might have let it burn. I also keep a fire extinguisher.