• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Swap Guide? DOHC into Notch 4cyl Fox

4vNotch

Is there a parts and labor guide out there as far as what exactly is involved?

I was hoping to stay efi if it was fairly simple but would not be against carb at all.

Mostly interested in finding out what is involved in wiring, exhaust (headers mainly) and trans mounting.

THANKS!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
The easiest way is to find a deal like the one I posted earlier from Craigslist in the Classified Section or you can use an existing harness from the donor vehicle you use, or there are two companies that I know off that you can buy from that are posted in the Electrical Section.

All and all you are looking to spend around.
1 harness - 800-900
2 engine - 500-700

We bought a K-member from AJE for around 280 + 60 for the 4.6/5.4 perch
Headers from shorty headers JBA 200 from craigslist.

Total around 1900 or so.. Give or Take...

Going to depend on what you want to do..

n2ostang

well i have a 5.4 already sitting around and a set of navi heads just need the parts (timing cover, intake,etc.) it put the navi heads on the 5.4 which was originally a 2v. i did see that sullivan discountied the intake do u know of anyone else that makes one or am i gonna have to find a used sullivan? (carb setup)

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
well i have a 5.4 already sitting around and a set of navi heads just need the parts (timing cover, intake,etc.) it put the navi heads on the 5.4 which was originally a 2v. i did see that sullivan discountied the intake do u know of anyone else that makes one or am i gonna have to find a used sullivan? (carb setup)
might want to contact modularmustangracing.com they have done several 5.4 2v using the Edelbrock intake.
2V Turbo 3.jpg

myers407

Staff member
You can use a harness from a 4.6 on the 5.4. There are many out there on GT's that are being parted out. If you are looking to stay on a low budget wach Craigslist and Ebay.