• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

t45 question

bigjohnsondohc

For those of you that have swapped a t45 with a mod motor, did you have to do a new pedal assembly or could you use the fox pedal assembly? Also, did it fall into place with the shifter hole and the transmission mount or was there some modification needed?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You can use the pedal assembly from the Fox with some very minor adjustments for the cable. As for the transmission hole, the answer is, it depends on what year Fox you have. The four-eyed Foxes hole is smaller and the tunnel is slightly different. a pair of heavy duty tin snips or a nibbler will give you what you need there. The transmission mount is different. You can modify your Fox mount. There are several pictures of how to do it on here. If you don't want to do the fab work, Stifflers makes a setup to bolt it right in. One of the issue you may have is the Fox transmission mount brackets interfering with the exhaust. I like to use an SN95 bracket setup with the factory style cross member, but the Stiffler piece is really nice.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
The pedal assembly on some of the early Foxes - mine was a '79 originally with a 4 cylinder - is different than those on the later Foxes. The early ones had the pedal arm brazed to the shaft on the left side, and the arm was secured with a nut on the right. The newer ones have the pedal secured with a nut on the left side, and the shaft and self-adjusting unit on the right are in one piece. I used the original pedal, attached it to the later model shaft and self-adjuster, then threw away the self-adjuster and used the solid lever and cable from an aftermarket kit that has the adjustment at the flywheel.

I used the factory Modular cross member and brackets, and only had to drill a couple of holes in the frame for the bracket bolts. The exhaust hit the original Fox cross member brackets, which I cut away with a cutting wheel.

cpearson1342

I have a tr3650 in mine with a stock pedal assembly, fox clutch cable, and stiffler's trans crossmember. Only mods I made to the pedal assembly were that I put the mach 1 brake pedal in and ground down the clutch pedal so I could use the bullitt style pedal covers, also have an aftermarket quadrant, but will work with all stock stuff.