• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

419forest

Craig. Will the hydroboost fit? As well, what headers did you use and what did you need to do to make them fit?

I used the oem exhaust manifold and a Bassani x-pipe made for the 03/04 Terminator. Everything bolts into place. You will have to do some adjustment at the mufflers if you want to keep the oem tailpipes.

Hydroboost will only fit if you remove the engine and drill new holes for alignment.

I have already installed the hydroboost and s281 pedals assembly. I had to open things up to fit it in. In addition to welding up the fox and s281 pedal boxes.

Having installed it in the factory location more or less, the 03 Cobra hydroboost, will the modular engine fit?

I have shorty headers already and I guess I have to use them. Thanks for the info.

Get back to me on the hydroboost.

419forest

I have already installed the hydroboost and s281 pedals assembly. I had to open things up to fit it in. In addition to welding up the fox and s281 pedal boxes.

Having installed it in the factory location more or less, the 03 Cobra hydroboost, will the modular engine fit?

I have shorty headers already and I guess I have to use them. Thanks for the info.

Yes, the 4.6 modular engine will fit, but you will have to install it from the bottom after removing all of the steering components. You will also need to cut off the sway bar brackets that are welded to the lower frame in order to get the motor to fit.

419forest

I used the factory, oem exhaust manifold. I am not sure if shorty headers will present a problem during the installation.

Speedtospare

Yes, I installed a sway bar from an 03 GT. It must be installed or you won't have lateral stability and likely suspension issues due to the instability.

Nah its fine to run without a swap bar, especially if you drag race like me. I have coilover and it handles like a stock fox. If you want to carve corners a sway bar is a must

DOHCfoxLX

I run no sway bar and even with coilovers it body rolls hard but I'm in it for the strip find the limits and then don't push them and you'll be fine without it

DOHCfoxLX

Actually I don't for whatever reason my cobra didn't have it and I havent robbed one from the junkyard yet think it would help or hurt me?