• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

Sorry to go back a few pages on the air conditioning and heater core, but I'm having my evaporator fittings changed this week, we're you able to keep a "stock" heater core?

I took a heater core for an 03 and a stock fox core to my local speed shop and they and I didn't see how to reasonably or feasibly put the quick connect ends on it

419forest

Sorry to go back a few pages on the air conditioning and heater core, but I'm having my evaporator fittings changed this week, we're you able to keep a "stock" heater core?

I took a heater core for an 03 and a stock fox core to my local speed shop and they and I didn't see how to reasonably or feasibly put the quick connect ends on it

It takes a lot of work. The 03 ac unit will not fit in the dashboard box. What you have to do is cut the box and remove the fox ac box unit. It sits vertical. Remove the ac box unit quick connect fittings from the 03 and tig weld them onto the fox ac unit box. Then reinstall the fox ac unit (with 03 tig-welded fittings) inside of the fox dashboard box.

419forest

Keep the fox heater core. Just buy a new one. You don't need to change those fittings. Just use heater core hoses from a 98 cobra which will allow you the proper curve and you can use band clamps on each end.

419forest

The fox heater core and 03 hc are not the same size. Just keep the fox hc but buy a new one and usee a 98 cobra hc hoses. You can band clamp each ends instead of worrying about the quick connect

I must have got lucky, (I assume 79-86) hvac boxes are able to be separated, I was able to completely disassemble my box and get the evaporator out no issues! The 03 hvac box is now in 17 pieces and will be the garbage man's problem.

Good call on the 96-98 Cobra heater hoses, I forgot they weren't a quick connect

419forest

I must have got lucky, (I assume 79-86) hvac boxes are able to be separated, I was able to completely disassemble my box and get the evaporator out no issues! The 03 hvac box is now in 17 pieces and will be the garbage man's problem.

Good call on the 96-98 Cobra heater hoses, I forgot they weren't a quick connect

Great news! You're welcome

419forest

Great news! You're welcome

419forest

Craig are u using the Fox steering column and if so how did u mount the ignition switch to the old column assuming u used the new harness?

yes, I am using the fox dash and steering column. I am using my original fox ignition switch. I had the re-pin the connections and solder leads from the cobra ignition harness to the proper fox location on the circuit board. I did not physically do this, but I was looking over the shoulder of my mechanic who did so.

Last edited:
Sorry I need to start my own thread, but there is a write up on corral.net were a gentleman made a bracket and welded it to the stock steering column to allow the use of a stock sn95 switch.

Couple pieces of flat stock cut up was all he did, and that's the route I'm going as well

I left CBA and had a coolant leak from the back of the engine. Turned out to be a loose band clamp on coolant hose to the back of the engine. Gotta get this addressed before I take a casual drive and video...stay tuned.

It's always something small, hopefully it'll be an easy fix for you Craig

419forest

The connections and logic used for the Terminator harnesses will not allow the fox cluster to be plug-n-play.