• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Took the Mach 1 powered fox to th drags : Part one

Speedtospare

Sumary or my day at at the drags wth the Modfox

Bog, miss fourth (adjust suspension)
Spin Hard (adjust suspension)
Bake the tires, Hook hard, brake an axle.
Cars in the shop getting a $1600 rear end built.

I figure the input shaft on the tranny is next lol. Not a clean run and only went 13.2@ 109 on the bog/miss 4th pass.
Rear end will be in by friday....... To be continued.

Speedtospare

Well I broke an axle. Parts on order for a new 8.8.Car will be back together by Friday.

31 spline Superior Axles
Ford HD 31 spline carrier with carbon clutches
Welded axle tubes
Replace anything else I broke like a rotor and brake pad
Ford 4.10's again because I chipped a gear

and 1700 later I will have one badass rear end.

Speedtospare

Heading back to the track for round two at the drags on OCT 6 or 7th. Last event of the year then in storage time. With the complete new rear end I will hit 6K RPM launches.

Speedtospare

Never managed to get back to the track yet. Eaton swap will be on before the track opens. Its almost spring here. Track should open up in 4-6 weeks. Shooting for 11's

Speedtospare

With 300 HP? No. It had grip (broke the axles) but never got a clean launch. It did run 109 MPH Low 12's at best. Remember this is a bone stock Mach 1 motor with a throttlebody, not even headers!. Cams are a waste of money unless you have the supporting mods. The 96 Cobra cams I have in the car were free. My best friend gained 12 WHP for $1200 cams, $1000 install, $350 dyno in a 96 cobra. He wasn't a happy camper about the HP, but the lumpy idle made it worth it.

Car has a newly built rear end (still breaking in the gears) and by the first week in April I will have the Eaton swapped on to the car with a 3.4 pulley. That should make around the 440-450 WHP mark . I will be banging off some 11 second passes