• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

turn signal issue

2vmodfox

So I've been searching around trying to find an answer about how to Make the turn signals work in the fox lights with the newer mustang harness in the car? I have a 90 fox with a 2000 harness in it. Only thing I can think would be to spend the money on the harness for the cobra harnesses with the amber in them

whiteponygt

Why not splice ur Fox tailight harness on to the 2000 harness . You going to have a fast blink turn signal but I think American muscle sells a flasher to correct it

whiteponygt

The blinker socket? You would know if they were swapped the 2000 harness won't plug twist into the Fox taillights

2vmodfox

its a Foxbody tail light harness with a 99 body harness and if you put a bulb in the Blinker it lights up with the brake light and both brake light and blinker will blink with the blinkers

whiteponygt

Yeah,ran into the same issue I ended up having to wire in two relays one for left blinker one for right.the turn signal and brake lights are integrated on the newer cars.

2vmodfox

Thats why I was just thinking about spending the little bit of money on the 99 01 cobra harnesses with the amber in them

whiteponygt

I have to pull my dash to length one of my plug in'so don't know how big of a hurry your in but I might be able to tell you how I wired mine.I'm not as familiar with the 2000 harness as I an the 96-98 but I think when you change the harness your still going to have the same problems.

2vmodfox

Well the 99 to 01 and sn95 had export tail lights with amber turn signals that just plugged into the factory harness so I have a friends who has one I'll see if I can see how it's wired up