• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who Tunes Their Own Car?

f8lvnm

Just joined the site and was curious if anyone does their own tuning or PCM reflashing? I've been using the moates quarterhorse about 4 years on pushrod combinations and plan on using it for my 03 swap. I know sct is popular so who tackles this job themselves ?

04Ryan

I do...have for about 4 years as well. I have tuned several cars locally...ranging from 13:1 N/A builds with N20 to a couple different Turbo setups and 03 Cobra's to my Whippled F150. I love tuning...lots of fun. But all of my experience has been in the Modular motor platform...haven't owned a pushrod motor in over 12 years LoL

I use the SCT Pro Racer Package and love it! Their datalogging software is the best! So easy to use and so much data at your fingertips that it makes tuning a car with huge cams and 13:1 easy to tune with stock like driveability. Aside from the nasty sounding cams and the fact the whole car shakes :)