• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wiring ?????

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
You might try and track down the body harness from a scrap yard. They should be the same for most sn cars.

Suggest you try the Wiring heading and this link:

http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/index.php?threads/mod-motor-wiring-in-general.678/

Also here's a wiring diagram of the harness I made to jumper the '98 engine compartment harnesses to the '88 dash. An '04 should be similar. It came out upside down because when I first put it in the scanner, it tried to eat the paper. I turned it around with the good edge of the paper into the scanner. Use the View option to get the correct orientation.
Trying to get my posts up in numbers

whiteponygt

Wiring these swaps can be done many different ways some people have made there own harness and some just used what they had either way they both work it really depends on ur preference and skill level,i used everything from my donor then just cut and spliced the fox body plugin onto th sn harness

EvinH

Although a more expensive route, would using an aftermarket computer and harness like a Fast, BigStuff or Pro-M work and make the job of splicing the factory Fox dash/chassis harness easier? And if you use an gauge cluster like the MC, Florida 5.0 or a Dakota Digital, does that make wiring up a Factory Modular PCM and engine harness easier? I guess I'm trying to understand with a 99 and up PCM and harness what is coming from or needed from the from the factory gauge cluster to get everything to work? Is it just the speedo and MIL or CEL?

I am starting my swap and I also have most all of the harnesses but would like to go with the 03 Cobra cluster. can u not make this work with the Dunn-rite setup???

P60

So im using a complete 02 GT wiring harness in my 90 lx (using the 02 gt cluster) foxbody dash

So the cars running,repinned the ignition,headlight switch and turnsignal`s but i cant for the life of me find info on what to do for my headlights

Anyone have any links to a write up ?

thanks

rusqtsi

So im using a complete 02 GT wiring harness in my 90 lx (using the 02 gt cluster) foxbody dash

So the cars running,repinned the ignition,headlight switch and turnsignal`s but i cant for the life of me find info on what to do for my headlights

Anyone have any links to a write up ?

thanks
On my 89 I didn't touch the fox harness. Left it as is. All the lights work. Then again I am using an aftermarket cluster.

My guess is find the corresponding wire from behind the cluster headlight switch to the 02 GT harness and marry it.

IM FuturaGuy. He is a wealth of info. I have met the man and has helped me in numerous occasions.

P60

On my 89 I didn't touch the fox harness. Left it as is. All the lights work. Then again I am using an aftermarket cluster.

My guess is find the corresponding wire from behind the cluster headlight switch to the 02 GT harness and marry it.

IM FuturaGuy. He is a wealth of info. I have met the man and has helped me in numerous occasions.

I figured it out and now have working headlights and turn signals,Now i need to figure out how to do the rear tail lights............................

1993bullitt

hey all
iv completed my car (1993 lx 5.0) to a 2001 bullitt, drive train -interior everything, been driving my car about a year (its really fun) but i want to go back to my foxbody dash, my question is what wires are needed to swap the bullitt cluster to the fox cluster? and what else am i gonna need to do?

id really like to swap the guts out on the bullitt cluster to the fox?

Last edited: