• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wrinkle finish manifold

bigjohnsondohc

I just got in a 97 cobra intake manifold and was thinking of powdercoating that, the valve covers and timing cover in a black and my friend told me about vht wrinkle finish in a can. So I spent the $9 for the can and it came out mint. He did the valve covers on his 03 cobra and said they held up very well, no chips and dont scratch.

If anyone is interested, I used an engine degreaser, scuffed the paint, taped off all needed places, quick wipe with brake cleaner in a rag and then lay it on thick. The thicker you lay it on, the more wrinkles that come out

ndfastang

Has anyone put some heat and miles to this finish and what do you clean it with??? I've seen it and did the hammerd stuff with success but like the wrinkle idea.

Thanks
Dave

bigjohnsondohc

My friend did the valve covers on his 03 cobra and they still look the same, no peels or anything. He cleaned them with quick detail when cool