• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

whiteponygt

Not much progress to update, ive noticed it takes a lot longer to strip a car down when ur saving everything, but I should have the motor and abs out by tomorrow. Then the fun part putting everything back pics are soon to come. Anyone starting a swap, it sounds like a lot of money but take it from me who tried to piece my swap together, find a cobra wrecked or cheap its soooo.... much easier.

fstfrd

Donator
Hmmm, good question ! I do believe you have to use the cobra gauge cluster, and I only say that because I do see majority of the swaps utilizing the cobra gauge cluster, verses rewiring the stock unit. Although I know it can be done, I'm just not sure about the pats function, when wiring in the fox gauge cluster. I know that's didn't answer your question really, but I just think life may be a bit easier if you keep the harness together.....just my .02

whiteponygt

I had the car wired up with the gt harness to my fox gauges and they were working properly, my only concern is does the gauge cluster have a pats function in it, Im assuming not but I had one go into antitheft before and that's a game I don't want to play again.

whiteponygt

Ok so after some research on the good ole interweb and a few forums I have come to the conclusion where.. who knows? some say PATS I is not integrated in the cluster some say is it does anyone have a good article on PATS laying around on their computer by chance?

Last edited:

whiteponygt

IMG_20140521_185505_171.jpg
Wow those come out way bigger then I planned but anyways, so Ive finally pulled the motor from the donor and now shes in the fox, ive been doing some cleaning on my parts the last day or so, its time consuming but who wants a dirty looking motor.

Attachments

• IMG_20140521_203240_443.jpg
    IMG_20140521_203240_443.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

whiteponygt

mounted the hydroboost and tied in all the lines today, also mounted the abs and lines, little by little shes starting to come together. At this pace hopefully well be driving before mid june.

Speedtospare

Might be a dumb question but ill throw it out there anyways im swapping everything from the cobra over into the fox but using the fox interior, ill be using dash harness from the sn95 so all the pats modules will be in tact, So now the question does the PATS in anyway have to have the sn gauge cluster to be functional, or is it more or less a blinking dummy light?

I'm pretty sure PATS will go off if the cluster is not there. Its not a big deal. Get an SCT chip and have your turner put a start up tune with PATS disabled. Its what I did and mine started up instantly.

whiteponygt

On my first attempt at this mod motor swap that's what I did, I had a local tuner disable it, I've since blown my budget with buying a whole other car for the swap, if it comes down to it I will have to have it disabled but I was hoping since I've swapped complete dash harness and steering column I would avoid it,

fstfrd

Donator
Nice work...man you are not playing around ! I thought I did my swap pretty quick...keep up the good work !

whiteponygt

Thanks the ole lady is ready to strangle me but I just get them to hang out in the garage with me its "family time" lol I'm busting balls to get done we have a local car cruise coming up in July, im trying to have it there, Tomorrow I'm switching over the fuel lines and tank, and possibly pulling the wiring harness from the donor. Wish me luck

89DirtCoupe

bavytypy.jpg

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk