• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

dondo84svo

WOW i am a dumbass just realized what the grey plug is, ITS THE WIPER MOTOR PLUG, lol i feel like a idiot. I have a newer wiper motor in the parts box and i tried to hook it up on my coupe and realized it had one plug versus two plugs. Well im glad i got that figured out LMFAO at my self.
lol thanks for saving me that trouble

dondo84svo

That car was my inspiration for ditching the 5.0 route.

It really seams to me that using a system off of the explorer 5.0 with the coil packs and crank sensor would have been an easier way to go.
I wanted to retain the fuel injection which is why I didn't want to go that route. I also read that he started having engine problems with it after (quote unquote) a year or so. I think it was using oil maybe?
i was thinking the same thing

dondo84svo

I found ANOTHER damn snake in my car today I HATE them things, he was tucked down in the spare tire hull. It was bigger than the one last year lol. Gonna have to put some repellent in there of some kind.
lol or let a cat live in your car while your not driving it

modulistic

how high did you have to jack the car up to install the engine from the bottom?

bout this high

KIMG0134_zpsybypt6w3.jpg

84ttopcoupe

Where are the pics in this thread? It just shows as a small red X. Setting on my end, possibly? I can see other's pics, though.

modulistic

That's cheating u used a forklift

haha. I dont know how I would have done it without the forklift. probably picked out the engine and trans, and dropped the k by itself. Maybe if you jack the rear WAY up with cribbing and then jack the front up, might be able to get it out that way too. would be pretty dangerous though.

undesputedking

hey, @ponyboy89lx your baby is in good hands, its getting a new steering rack today, have a procharger waiting to go in it. as soon as my body guys schedule permits its getting the new paint job, and the plans are for trying out 94+ door panels and a set of 05+ seats, love the car man

whiteponygt

hey, @ponyboy89lx your baby is in good hands, its getting a new steering rack today, have a procharger waiting to go in it. as soon as my body guys schedule permits its getting the new paint job, and the plans are for trying out 94+ door panels and a set of 05+ seats, love the car man
Any recent pics of the car,that car was inspiration for alot of the US just starting our swap

undesputedking

yep, will post some in a few, it hasn't really changed much, but that's gonna change for sure, i've got the extra $ to throw at it to finish it and make it what he always wanted it to be

undesputedking

026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 030.jpg 031.jpg 032.jpg
debating on 5-lug swap with 19" momo's, 18" fr500's, 18" frpp spyders or some mercedes 19" rims that ive got at the shop right now
033.jpg
034.jpg
probably a 6" outlaw pin on hood too

Speedtospare

Mercades bolt pattern the same? Problem is that the FR500 front wont fit, the offset is wrong (assuming there from one of the new shelby's)