• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SN95 Seat belts in Foxbody

cpearson1342

Just in case anyone is wondering how to install the front seatbelts of a sn95 into a foxbody, this is how I did it. The seatbelts only work at a very specific angle range and will lock up if tilted too far in any direction. I used washers to space the seatbelt outwards and give it a closer to 90 degree angle and used a longer seatbelt bolt that we had, I believe some from the fox would work, moving the bottom towards the interior of the car. From there I tilted it slightly towards the front of the car until it was centered from locking in each direction and the seatbelt was centered coming out of the reel. I then welded a small tab on the side of it where the stock fox tabs would go for easy installation if they are taken out, and so they don't move as they lock up with use.
20160228_122410.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Very nice piece of Tech. Thank you for sharing this. I tack welded the bracket the last time, but your tab is so much nicer and a clean and functional installation. I may add that to my build book.

cpearson1342

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just had some leftover scrap metal that was 1/8" thick and a good width so I cut some small straight peices that I held in place with a magnet. The weld could be ground down for aesthetic purposes as I welded boths sides, but I didn't see a point. I'll add a few more pictures of the angle and it not bolted up when I take them back out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cpearson1342

Just so everyone knows, the seatbelts for the mach 1 and possibly others will not be straight like the fox seatbelts, they twist so when they go through the holder in the seat, they end up straight.
20160303_164107.jpg