• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello

I have a complete running SN95 I plan to put into my fox eventually.

Big focus will be on keeping the A/C. I plan on running Holly Dominator at the moment Built 4v and a 4r70.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds like a plan. Keeping the A/C really isn't a hard task. I am kind of curious about why the Dominator. My experience with them is that they have very bad street manners, even with the auto tranny.

Plug and play harness and the traction control module is supposedly simple. Open to other options. Still very far from that point.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Planning is everything on these builds. Create a build book for all the things you want to do. Don't just copy links, as they fail. Copy the information into something like a Word doc. This will let you move things around into the order you want to do them based on what has to be done first, what can wait and other factors like budget constraints.

Thats a problem I am running into. Many of the write ups I find have dead links or photos from photo bucket. "Use the search function" is the response but usually yields poor results especially when you are not using the proper terms.

Currently doing the 5lug swap with 4.10s and rear suspension.

Having trouble finding information on the A/c systems and how to make them match up. (part of this is due to my ignorance on both systems)

Of course I always go back and fourth about selling the built motor and Blower and just going with a gen3 coyote with a 10r80 just for driveability sake.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, I can't help you on which motor to run. My question is, which interior are you running. Either way, you can run A/C. There are write ups on this site that show different ways of doing each. The parts aren't easily going to match. For the most part, you either have to use the SN95 box or have a hose built to match the SN to the Fox, or have a fitting welded onto the Fox box to match the SN hose. If you hit a dead link, reach out to the member who posted it to see if they still come around and can fix the link or if they posted it on another site. Lots of builders come through this site, build their ride and then don't hang around. If you post a build thread, you can put your pics right on this site and then there is no link to break. If you decide to go with the yote motor, the same connections will still be an issue. Having the fitting replaced can also let you put a elbow in that helps give you head clearance, but makes you need a slightly longer hose. The last one I did, I took my hose and core down to an A/C shop that could make hoses and showed them what I needed. They changed the fitting on the core and built me a new hose that was perfect. That was 10 years ago, but I'm sure there are shops around that can do it.

I will be sticking with the stock interior, so will need the proper fittings on the fox body box.

Also thinking about shift linkages, but Ill cross that bridge when I come to it. Gonna get the suspension and rear end taken care of. 2 Different set ups requiring 2 different rear gear ratios. If I do the coyote would be 3.31/3.55 and the 4v would get 4.10s. I don't drive the car on the highway soit may get the 4.10s for awhile.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You can do 4.10s even if you do drive the car on the freeway. We used to run them in a 96 Cobra that we took from the east coast to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. We drove it there and back, raced it, took first place, and drove it home. I run 3.73s in my personal Mustang at the moment. They are a good compromise for mixed use driving.

Having the fittings changed on your Fox AC unit will not be much of a challenge. Most AC shops can do it and some radiator shops can as well.