• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2v into 79 fox exhaust

shaun.b

Ok I was hoping that a 96 to 98 h pipe would fit right in but it's not a bolt in deal, I have a 96 gt 4.6 using stock exhaust manifolds, a tr3650 trans with a stifflers cross member. I have a pacesetter h pipe for a 96 to 98 mustang gt, the passenger side fit perfect no issues at all but the driver side is another story, is there an h pipe that bolts right in or do they all need some tweaking on the driver side to bolt in?

massacre

Donator
The other day I installed a BBK catted X pipe that was on my buddy’s 01 GT.
It bolted up to my 4v with stock manifolds, fits pretty good!
I have a stifflers also but auto trans.
I like an H pipe better but this X seems to fit better for some reason.

shaun.b

It's hard to find non catted exhaust right now, and the price was cheap, I guess I will cut and build onto it to make it do what I'm wanting.

massacre

Donator
You never said whether your H was catted or not. You will be able to rework what you have I bet

shaun.b

Ya that's my bad, that's probably what I'm going to end up doing, it's not off by a whole bunch but is off.