• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

99 cobra drivetrain into 92 notch question!

Mercyme504

Hey guys I have a quick question about the swap I’m just starting! I have a 99 cobra donor car and plan on putting everything into my 92 calypso notch. My question is I plan on fabbing in the 99 cobra k member so my question is can I use the factory sn95 steering rack so the hydro boost is plug and play? I know I’ll need the conversion kit so I can adapt it in but would love to keep all the plumbing etc easier!! Thanks in advance

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The hydroboost is a fairly easy install. Drill one hole, clearance another, a couple of little things under the dash and you are in business. You'll see several write-ups on here as to how to do all the little things. You should definitely use the Cobra rack. It hooks up just like it did on the Cobra. You won't need a conversion kit (not sure one even exists). Very basic fabrication skills will let you install it, particularly once the k-member is in place. Take lots of pictures of the how the donor car comes apart. I always find them useful.

massacre

Donator
I thought the hydro boost works with the Fox rack?
I bought the MM hydro boost install kit and it bolted right in. Very nice piece.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Can you go into more detail regarding this statement ^^^^?
I'm confused as to what you meant,
thanks!
Apologies-I didn't mean to be confusing. I just didn't know MM made an installation kit. I was a Maximum Motorsports dealer years ago, but they didn't have a kit back then. I can't imagine it being a very big seller given the limited market. I have not kept up with their product lines since we sold ACM, so I'm glad there is an installation kit available. I didn't think installing the hydroboost was terribly difficult. I had way more trouble getting the steering shaft bearing right.

massacre

Donator
Thanks Bill for the carification. MM actually makes 2 kits, 1 is for 96-98 boosters, and 1 is for 99-04 boosters.
It comes with a new brake pedal, and firewall mounting plate. Also comes with a custom deep socket to fit the huge nut on the back of the booster.