• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress on my Zephyr

massacre

Donator
So struggled with the car all week. Finally got her starting/running decent. Problem is trans isn't doing anything lmao. Of course.
So going to drop the pan today and see what i can figure out. Hopefully it's something simple

massacre

Donator
Drove her out of the garage under its own power. Nice feeling for sure.

vyCNsS.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
keep us up to date on your progress with it. At $1500 +/-, it is a very affordable option that I have drooled over a couple of times.

massacre

Donator
New sensors arrived and installed. Old wiring removed. Went through and finalized 12v B+ wires for ECM, ignition and fuel pump relays. Still need to mount the ECM and relay block and trans harness. Taking my time on this, want to make sure it works the first time.

massacre

Donator
Was able to get the Holley installed and running. Still working on some bodywork and other stuff
but getting it running is a huge hurdle

massacre

Donator
Ended up putting a new rack & pinion in the car, old one was leaking at the input shaft. Steering is smoother and mo more leaks

massacre

Donator
Very nice! I'm in the process of putting a 96-98 4v in my Fox body. I'm worried about the wiring, but seems like this install has been done 100's of times..

Nice! What are you using for a computer to run the engine? If you need help with the wiring, i'll help if i can.

93speed

Great, I appreciate any help! I'm using an Electromotive Tec3r. My biggest worry right now is how all the wiring harness are going to connect. I bought a 96-98 engine wiring harness and battery wiring harness. I bought the fuel pump wiring harness, but i don't think ill need it. reading some post on this site there may be a lot of tracing wires and splicing together. I'm dropping the motor in this coming Wednesday. Looking forward to getting this part completed and moving on the the assembly. Thanks, Mike

massacre

Donator
I recommend getting a wiring diagram for the 96-98 cobra, and 1 for the Fox. You will need to know which wires do what, and the diagram will help with that.
You might have to de-pin or Re-pin some harness connectors, depending on how you want to run the wiring

massacre

Donator
I am chasing an issue with my transmission, fluid is leaking from the tailshaft. Replaced bushing and seal, still leaks. Messing with ATF level now, aftermarket dipstick and huge cooler and lines means i might be over full. Going to replace the slip yoke just to be sure.

massacre

Donator
Driveshaft is out, replacing the slip yoke. Also my hood flew up on me the other day so need to deal with that. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass.

massacre

Donator
Driveshaft is back in, new yoke might have solved the issue. Going to start some bodywork on the cowl soon. Bought a stud gun and a port a power.