• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Gonna mount the batery box in the trunk today if i can get my butt up and out into the garage but man it is bitter cold outside here, its like 17 degrees with the wind blowing and that makes it feel colder.

quik660

Donator
I'm not sending ya pics of how I did my battery too....... Gotta keep some secrets!!! Lol j/k

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I'm not sending ya pics of how I did my battery too....... Gotta keep some secrets!!! Lol j/k
LOL i hear ya!!!!!!!!! priced some battery cable today scared me on the price. But it was the super flexible type cable it was like 3.50 a foot.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You might check your local electrical supply house or welding supply house. They might be able to do a bit better on price, but copper is expensive everywhere right now.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
You might check your local electrical supply house or welding supply house. They might be able to do a bit better on price, but copper is expensive everywhere right now.
It was welding wire i was looking at it was super flexible would be able to hide it real good.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Agreed. I've used welding leads before. Don't forget to consider the local pawn shop to see if they have any used welding leads. They usually sell them at about whatever scrap copper price is, so you pay by the pound not the foot.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well thought i would give a update been working on the car, got a tranny FINALLY and got most of it squared away. waiting on a clutch now. then gonna pull the motor and marry the two together and try to squeeze it all back in and try to get it cranking.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i joined these two today in marriage LOL . Gonna try to mod a fox crossmember to work on the t-45 who knows might work might not. gonna slot k-member in th front so i can slide the motor up a inch or so, try to get it away from the firewall a bit.
BE31DD8F-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
just ran the numbers on my trans and found out it was a tremec 3650 i thought it was a t-45. any who thats sweet considering i gave a 150.00 for it.