• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
new goodies lol just a few more goodies and we will have some real fun, it sucks being poor lol

E3512DAE-orig.jpg

6273032E-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
started a my window restoration today, they were REALLY rough to start with but i picked both of them up for 50.00 thats a steal around here lol here is a sneak peak, i will post more when im done and explain the whole process in detail, but here is the rundown sand with 80 grit then smooth it with 180 grit, Marhyde primer, wet sand then SEM black trim paint. they should look new when im done.

C4E0E498-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Found this on the bell housing of my tranny yesterday, i have issued the eviction notice already lol. So it may be a while before i get to work on mine.

F4381187-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Make that four feet if you put the pieces back together LOL So im back on track gonna get some drag radials tomorrow for the ride then buying a computer next week.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
well i got the wheels and tires mounted waiting for the computer to come in and need a battery and some cables and a WHOLE LOT OF LUCK!!!!!!!
D38E7AFE-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
After it starts and runs i will paint it, dont want to now because the simple fact of the work involved still to come dont want to scratch and dent it up. Looks like a bag of skittles LOL

Speedtospare

I like that blue on the nose. No worries many of us are in the same boat. I have more little dents and scratches all over the car. Its just time and money

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well picked up a EEC (A9L) today, gonna try to get it fired up this week. Spent about three hundred bucks on it this weekend already, got new battery and battery cables to relocate in the trunk, hooked the juice to it today to see if i had power anywhere, didnt have any power to the fuel pump gonna get more in dept with it tomorrow it got dark on me.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i got it cranking over but still no fuel pump, i think it may be bad, gonna check a few more things before i order a new one. But atleast it cranked still need to set timing and check for spark. If i order a new pump and still dont have a prime i will just wire it in to the ignition, had to do that before so no big deal.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I dont know lol hadnt thought about that yet, i guess where every it sounds right to me and runs the best, i got spark just no fuel YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
What are you doing about timing marks? The only mark on a 4.6 is tdc.
i have about three timing marks on the case cover on mine dont know if they will be worth a crap to me but anyways. Had a issue with turn signals, instrument illumination, and heater fan, all three where not getting power at fuse box, so after about an hour googling lol i figured it out. It was the the big ignition plug in the steering column, it had popped out a bit. So take mental note of this if anyone has a similiar problem like this in the future.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well found the fuel problem LOL i will let the picture tell the tale.
2012-09-24_15-41-00_970.jpg

Turns out that the P.O. apparently ran a external pump and not internal. Going to get pump tomorrow. I laughed my ass off when i pulled the assembly out of the tank, i thought well that explains it lol.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
BWAHAHA!!! Now that funny as hell. I am using an Aeromotive 320 LPH pump. Works great.
yeah i thought it was funny as hell, i could have swore when i replaced the tank gasket that i saw a pump but i have been wrong before LOL. Got a new pump today but its absolutley pouring the rain so maybe this weekend i can get her to fire.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well the rain finally stopped, put the pump in and presto she finally took her first breath, it still needs some tweaking but atleast it started.