• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

83 Convetible

vettn71

I'm beginning a 4.6 SOHC swap on an 83 convertible. I notice there appears to b "slapper bars" on the rear. Are these transferable to a sn95 rear? Did they do any good?

Thank
Jim

cpearson1342

A lot of people don't like slapper bars because they literally hit into the body of the car, but never used any. The sn95 rear has larger bolt holes where the lower control arms attach, so most likely will fit, but not properly.

vettn71

Cpearson1342,

I'll have to look at it. I've never heard of this on a Fox, so it must not have worked out so well. Thanks for the response
Jim

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Ford put the bushing end slapper bars on for a marketing ploy and to help eliminate wheel hop, neither of which worked well. Upgrade your suspension to a quality set of upper and lower control arms and you won't need them or the quad shocks.

cpearson1342

I have adjustable upper and lower control arms from UPR with the maximum motorsports coilover kit for bilstein with no quad shocks and have no problem with wheel hop at all

vettn71

Well, I have moved on from the 83. I've bought an86 notch, so sorry if I've troubled y'all

Jim