• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

e-brake

Bill

Staff member
Donator
No love on the E-brake cables? Hmmmmmmm Let me look to see what I can find. I'm planing to use the parts from my '99 Cobra donor (since I'm using the Cobra console), but that may change if I find an easy way to use the Fox parts.

myers407

Staff member
I have found that drilling out the spot weld in the cable bracket and welding it in works great. Here are some pictures, hope it helps out. 100_2087.jpg
100_2086.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That's about what I have in mind. I am trying to avoid destroying the 99 shell. The fram is bent between forward of the firewall, but from the wall back is all perfect. I expect to sell it when I'm done.

myers407

Staff member
Find a local pick and pull yard and salvage the bracket. I had also made one for my Fox after I added a disk rear. I used a piece of angel iron and drilled the hole for the cable to lock into, I then drilled two holes on the other side of the angel for two 3/8 bolts and bolted it to the tranny tunnel. Worked very good for over two years. I hope that this helps out.

Attachments

• Brake bracket Fox.png
    Brake bracket Fox.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 61

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Mine is an '86, which means the handle is centered. In the '87+ it is offset. I like the concept and will probably do something similar. I don't expect it to be technically difficult, just a pita.

myers407

Staff member
That's not quite true the designe of the console makes it look that way mine is dead center of the tunnel. But hope that this spurs some ideas for ya.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
no doubt. Worst case scenario, I'll use what ever I have to out of the 99

David

I used the sn 95 interior, with the e brake from the mach 1 hooked up to an IRS all inside an 86. Everything went together pretty easy. I had to drill a couple holes here and there and used pop rivets. the biggest problem I had was getting the correct distance for the cable bracket. If you still need help peterlocal22, Im sure someone has pics on here...if not I can take some the next time Im home

Derek2626

Find a local pick and pull yard and salvage the bracket. I had also made one for my Fox after I added a disk rear. I used a piece of angel iron and drilled the hole for the cable to lock into, I then drilled two holes on the other side of the angel for two 3/8 bolts and bolted it to the tranny tunnel. Worked very good for over two years. I hope that this helps out.
Is there anyways you could email me that photo, (Derek.armitstead@gmail.com)apparently I don't have enough posts to view it, I'd post more but all of my questions I would post are usually answered in the threads lol. thank you. Also, is there any specific measurements on where to install the bracket on the trans tunnel?