• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine and trans position w/ sn k member

mitch

i have the 4.6 and 4r70w mocked up in the engine bay sitting on a 98 k member in my 92 lx. the engine seems pretty stuffed to the firewall and trans is too far back for trans cross member to just bolt up. fox 5.0 driveshaft and 98 driveshaft are same length and too long to fit with engines current position. almost looks as if i used the fox k member it would bring the engine and trans forward allowing me to bolt the trans cross member right in and driveshaft would also fit. im just worried about my long tubes now not fitting the fox k member. just wondering peoples thoughts and why everyone uses the sn95 k member.

mitch

i think i found my own answers on google. the fox k frames motor plates sit lower and at a different angle than the 4.6 k frame. would still like to push the engine up. looking for some feedback on what people have done. leave the engine and modify the transcross member and shorten the drive shaft. i think i want to still go with just modifying the 4.6 motor mount pedastals to be able to just bolt the drive shaft in as is and bolt tranny right up but still worried about the long tubes hitting the k member if i do.