• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally started the interior swap.

modulistic

first thing to do is get the parking brake going.

since I swapped over the 2002 rear, I had to use those parking brake cables for the disk brake setup. so to make that work, I will have to weld/bolt in the braket for the cables. its tough for me because I dont know how to weld, but I hate drilling holes in the transmission tunnel for cracks to start forming.
drilled out both console brackets and its not even close to a direct fit, but should be fairly simple to get the console fitted in when the dash is in, then drill/bolt it in the right spot. The parking brake handle bolt holes dont line up, but it looks like you use the front one because that lines up where the cable comes through.

one of these threads mention cutting down the dash frame in some spots and they had some pics. can someone point me to pics/writeup on that? any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Look in the FAQs. I think there is a bunch of stuff there. Also, don't forget that your console has to go into place before the dash, as the shifter and E-brake are relative to it and the shifter is not easily moved. Once the console is in the right place, you can trim and rebracket the dash to fit the console position and firewall. From my perspective, the shifter is the thing you can't move, which means the console hole has to be in the right place to make a factory-ish fit possible.

modulistic

Look in the FAQs. I think there is a bunch of stuff there. Also, don't forget that your console has to go into place before the dash, as the shifter and E-brake are relative to it and the shifter is not easily moved. Once the console is in the right place, you can trim and rebracket the dash to fit the console position and firewall. From my perspective, the shifter is the thing you can't move, which means the console hole has to be in the right place to make a factory-ish fit possible.

finally got the dash in. it really wasnt too bad, just had to bite the bullet and risk ruining the dash by cutting it too far. basically just fit the frame, used a crow bar to pull it out to where I thought the dash would end up, and trimmed the dash over and over until it fit/lined up with the console.

car starts and moves on its own now.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Looks awesome. If you have more pics, post them up. There is plenty of server room on the site and seeing how you did yours will inspire and assist someone else in doing there. The door panels are easier than the dash. The only real work is moving the latch release assembly to the SN95 position. Since you don't weld much, you might consider using a push-button actuator. I haven't done it, but have seen them on SN95 jukeboxes at shows. The last time I did door panels, I did the rear interior panels first so I could use the door panels as a transition from front to back.