• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuse Block Location

cpearson1342

I know most people are just using the stock engine bay wiring from their donor cars and mounting the Fuse Box in the engine bay, but does anyone else have a fuse block mounted somewhere else?

I want the engine bay to look as clean as possible and want to mount the fuse block somewhere outside the bay, is behind the fenders a good place or does anyone have any better suggestions since it's not the easiest place to reach?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I saw one at a show that had been moved to the trunk. The guy said he made the harness by hand, so I'm sure it was a lot of work, but it was easy access for him.

cpearson1342

Yea i'd like something somewhat convenient to reach, but that the same time I would also like something hidden. Don't really want it out in the open at all, and would also like a functional spare tire spot, otherwise I could put it in there.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
His was off to the passenger side next to the remote mount battery. Do you have plans for the glove box space or the passenger airbag space?

cpearson1342

Glove box we would like to keep functional, but behind the passenger side is free space. We might be doing a rear seat delete also which would free up some room, but not positive yet. I think I'll need to put the computer just above the radio since there's no spot in the passenger kick of the 82.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
A rear seat delete give you a ton of options and easy access.

cpearson1342

Yes, still not sure as the other two don't make up their mind easily so I'm just looking for alternatives just in case they don't want to do a seat delete.