• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fwd block?

Capri_gt

I have come across a few fwd dohc engines and people keep asking me if the blocks themselves are usable in a mustang? I have searched and searched but havent come up with a good answer on weather or not they could be used for a build up. Does anybody happen to have the answer to this question before my buddy buys one for his coupe and we find out he wasted his money the hard way?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are several small differences, but the biggest one that keeps them from being useful is the starter boss being in the wrong place. :cool:

Capri_gt

Yea that would be a good reason, thanks for giving me a good reason to tell the boys. They just wanna make sure every option is exhausted. My room mate is looking for a dohc 4.6 for the mustang I sold him and my other buddy is looking for the same for his 86 coupe. Any one know any other vehicles that have teksid dohc engines? Other then the Mach 8 and cobras?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Have you considered an 2V Teksid combo. It is cheaper by far than the 4V and can make great power and still take a fat lady's weight off the front end.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
;) No 2V came with a Teksid block. Here is a link on this forum that might help. I'll have to dig up the original, as I posted the article on here while it was out for review and a couple of my suppliers recommended changes. I don't remember if the changes made it onto this forum. It is cheaper in that all the 2V aftermarket parts and OEM replacement parts tend to be cheaper. Give it a look and see what you think. It is actually a fun build.
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/index.php?forums/engine.30/

Capri_gt

Actually I plan on that exact thing for my capri, however the other two guys want the 4v motor. I plan for a 2v 5.0 stroker with trick flow heads. I figured thatll give me the lightest motor combo I could put together and still have a fair amount of power. Would you happen to have a list of what vehicles would have the teksid block in them? Mach 8's arent very common around here so I gotta ask if any other random cars or trucks had them.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I don't have a list at my fingertips. As I recall, in the US, they were only put in the Mark 8 and Cobra. They can be had on ebay for $400 or less. You might consider a WAP block if you aren't planning to go crazy on HP. They can be had for $275 or less.

Capri_gt

Im not planning for really high hp however im planning to build the motor to be boost friendly in case I get bored with the power out put later so I would prefer to build the teksid option.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Understood. The Teksid is always a good choice. It lends itself well to a 5.0 stroker kit and the piston/rod choices give you a variety of compression ratio choices as well. The 2V combo does well with a single turbo or NOS as well, so I say go for it.

Capri_gt

Your the first person who has agreed with me on my motor choice. Thank you sir for the advice and if I have questions later this year when I plan to build it would you be upset if I were to ask you?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You are welcome to ask me either publicly or privately. I cofounded Atlantic Coast Mustang and did designed/build for years. It was a family business that we sold in 2010, so I don't sell parts anymore. We acted as factory reps for Steeda, JBA and others at numerous events, including multiple Fun Ford Weekend events. I can't promise you I will know the only answer, or even the best answer. All I can offer is my personal experience and knowledge. There are a number of really knowledgeable people on this forum that know at least as much as I do, so when you get there, let'm fly.

Capri_gt

Well either way I do greatly appreciate anything I can learn from anyone. Trust me I research everything to death. When I plan to do any kind of project I spend at least 40hrs looking up the best way to do it and what wont work at all. I believe in doing it right the first time and learning from other peoples mistakes.