• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Intellitronix Create-A-Dash

cpearson1342

Has anyone done this with a mod swapped engine or know anything about it?
http://www.intellitronix.com/CREATE-A-DASH.html
I'm interested in doing this for my 86 mach engine swap since I don't want to cut up the old cluster and would prefer a digital dash.
I'd also rather not replace and rewire all of the sensors, but am really considering ordering one. If anyone knows anything about it please enlighten me on them.

cpearson1342

I already purchased the intellitronix gauges, I just have to install them and program the speedo. I was waiting on a tach adapter to do it. I've seen the Dakota digital ones but I didn't want to spend that much.

WhiteSox.35

Yeah the Dakota is a lot of money but I thought that the look and how it works with the wiring might make things a little easier. I had not heard of the intellitronix gauges; I will have to check them out.

cpearson1342

Yes, I'm very close to finishing them, just need to remeasure and cut another piece of plexi for it (my mounting holes were about a 1/16 of an inch off so you can see screws from the front. I've tested all of the gauges though since I did the wiring first, other than the oil pressure and coolant. They are very cool and should look great installed.

I decided I wanted to paint my car this week, so it was put on the backburner for a little while. The only problem I am having with it so far is trying to figure out where to put the coolant sender. This would work perfectly for it, but the only place it would fit is in the pipe that goes to the ts housing from the crossover tubes but I am not sure if that gets cut off when the ts opens, I need to test the temp while it opens. I want it to look nice so I don't want to just stick it out of the fill plug, any suggestions are welcome.

takdashark

Donator
A router table is a great tool for that! You can make your templates out of 1/4" mdf, which is cheap and easy to work with and then use a flush trim bit to transfer it to the final piece.

cpearson1342

I just happen to have a router table that I've never used, hopefully I have the right bit for it. I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for the advice

takdashark

Donator
You can do a lot of cool stuff with them. Look around on some car audio forums, any good shop couldn't function with out them. Just be careful, the piece your working on can go flying! Try to rough cut it with a jig saw as close to ur cut line as possible, the lass material ur taking off, the safer/easier it is.

cpearson1342

Ok guys, I've just about finished up my cluster after a few months of doing nothing with it. I had to get it ready for mustang week, and foureyedpride foxaque along with the million other things I've been doing to get ready for the ride to Myrtle Beach. The only issue I have had so far is that my speed has very slow response time (probably because it is hooked up through the cruise control plug) and my fuel although most of the time is correct with the anti slosh, keeps going up near full or 99 then right back to what it's actually at.20150709_024624.jpg 1436419922788.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat--1247493728116920999.mp4
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

cpearson1342

Thanks, I am very happy with the look, they just need to be cleaned off a little. Make sure you guys watch the video that says snapchat for the file name on the bottom, I'll be sure to put up more videos once I mount it for good

cpearson1342

Here's a few pics of it in the car. There is no glare in person, just on camera. Just took it down to mustang week and got a lot of looks

Attachments

• 1437261274111.jpg
    1437261274111.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20150714_034851.jpg
    20150714_034851.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 53

cpearson1342

It's wired up to the speed that goes to the cruise control, but it seems to be very laggy compared to the real speed and the tuner