• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help head castin number decoding

a few years back, I bought a set of bare 4V heads. I was told that these heads were from a off-road truck program here in France. this truck competed in Le Paris Dakar rallye and these heads were unused parts from the team.
as I bought them cheap, (there is no market for dohc engine parts here) I never tried to find what they were as they seated for years on a shelf.
a couple of monthes ago, I brought everything I have to a friend who builds racing engines to have my 3 modular engine build.
what I have is a set of 99 dohc heads, a set of 03 dohc heads and a bare set with the following numbers on : RFYR3E6O64AB.
problem is we can not fing what these numbers mean !!

maybe someone here know what they are !!

thanks for your help

lilian

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
a few years back, I bought a set of bare 4V heads. I was told that these heads were from a off-road truck program here in France. this truck competed in Le Paris Dakar rallye and these heads were unused parts from the team.
as I bought them cheap, (there is no market for dohc engine parts here) I never tried to find what they were as they seated for years on a shelf.
a couple of monthes ago, I brought everything I have to a friend who builds racing engines to have my 3 modular engine build.
what I have is a set of 99 dohc heads, a set of 03 dohc heads and a bare set with the following numbers on : RFYR3E6O64AB.
problem is we can not fing what these numbers mean !!

maybe someone here know what they are !!

thanks for your help

lilian

do you have pics and are you sure these are correct RFYR? Also is it Zero or Letter O for the 6064?

What shape is the exhaust port? Is it OVAL? then it's definitely a pre-Terminator head.