• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help with 96 4v clearance issues in 86’ fox

been helping a buddy with his 86’ 4v swap and can’t seem to get the motor to drop into the k-member. It’s a Maximum Motorsports modular k-member made for this swap but seems as though the oil pan is hitting the k-member. Do we need to swap oil pans for correct fit up or are we missing something. This is a first time swap for both of us so any info helps. Thanks.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
What did the 4V come out of? I was an MM dealer for years and never had a problem with a Kmember. If it is the correct part number, the other possibilities include wrong oil pan or wrong motor mounts.

It came out of a 96 cobra. We even called MM to make sure and they said the same thing you did.. so I’m stumped. And the oil pan is the stock one so it should fit fine.

cdog02mustgt

Are you positive the pan is stock? Or did you get a non modular k member?

Did you end up getting it together?

My boy said it’s the right kmember but I’m having second thoughts. We haven’t touched it since I asked just trying to trouble shoot. I’ll keep you posted when we fuck with it