• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need Help

ifran81

How do you guys get the power window to work on the fox body mustang with the 99 cobra harness. i was told to splice the window switch from the fox body to the 99 cobra door harness. I've took it apart and noticed most of the wire color are different.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The last time, I used the donor harness, so I'll be interested in how you work this one out as well.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
I've got both the '88 Fox and the '98 SN95 wiring diagrams, and you're right. Ford changed the color codes on the wiring.

Is your car a coupe or a convertible? It makes a difference since the convertible have power rear windows and the coupes don't. Let me know what you have and I'll copy the pages at work and post them here.

ifran81

I've got both the '88 Fox and the '98 SN95 wiring diagrams, and you're right. Ford changed the color codes on the wiring.

Is your car a coupe or a convertible? It makes a difference since the convertible have power rear windows and the coupes don't. Let me know what you have and I'll copy the pages at work and post them here.

Hello,

Thanks for replying back. It's a hatch back. Everything is power meaning power door locks and window.

Thanks in advance

FuturaGuy

Staff member
Here are the power door lock and power window wiring diagrams for 1988 and 1998. Hope they can help you.

Attachments

• Power_Locks_1988.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Power_Locks_1998.pdf
    157.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Power_Windows_1988.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Power_Windows_1998_3.pdf
    155.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Power_Windows_1998_4.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 38

whiteponygt

Just use the donor harnesses you can actually attach the switchEs from the donor right into the Fox switch panel they fit perfectly. Then everything is plug and play the only issue with the door harness is you'll have to extend a wore from the drivers door to the center console to control the power mirrors.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I actually hadn't tackled the power mirror part on mine yet, so thanks for that :)

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
When I did mine it was easier with the donor harness if u got it. If not it's not difficult to figure out with a multi meter.