• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Member 80 Capri

CapriGT

Hello,
My name is Ken and I have an 80 Capri. The car started out as a 4cyl auto with the 6.75 rear. I've upgraded to an 86 efi 5.0/T5 and an SN95 Cobra 8.8 with the Cobra discs. In front I've added SN95 control arms, '95 spindles, 13" Cobra brakes, Mach 1 steering rack, and struts.

I was planning on a 351W swap and have a 93 Lightning engine I planned to build up and drop in. I've been seeing more modular swaps online and am now considering that instead. I know theres a lot more involved than with the 351W, but I'm liking the idea of something more modern under the hood.

I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time scouring the forums researching what I'd be getting myself into.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Ken, welcome to the site. That 80 Capri will be a blast to build and drive. It sounds like you have the suspension/brakes figured out. This doesn't have to be a painful swap. There are a lot of things you can do to make it easier. Planning is everything. I look forward to seeing it come together.

CapriGT

Thanks Bill. I'm leaning towards an 03/04 Cobra engine with the T56. I'd like to keep stock dash as opposed to swapping in later cluster. I'm not afraid of tracing wires if need be.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree that the termi drive line would be sexy in that Capri. Using the stock dash/interior is actually a good way to go. It gives you that vintage look that is often missing. Plus, you have that Mercury interior that is just different enough to make it very cool. I've never done the T56 swap, but there are several on here. There are also several builders here that know way more about the wiring than I do.

CapriGT

From pics I've seen that Term engine is just plain cool looking

Interior isn't mercury anymore. Very little on the car still is. It's a combination of 86 and 87-89. I replaced the doors with later versions and am using the later style front and rear seats