• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Member from SC

blakef925

Building a single turbo 2V street/strip car. 10.5-1 compression with trick flow heads, custom turbo cams, eddy intake and 6061 plenum. Precision 7675 turbo with CG fab hot side. Backed by a faceplated T56 and built 8.8. Hoping to make 900+ and shooting for 5.xx in the 1/8th. Baby shot of giggle gas possible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My guess is that you don't have ten post yet. The site owner set those rules years ago to eliminate some problems we were having. My recommendation would be to start a build thread and become part of the community. Tell us about yourself and your ride. For example, you listed 10.5/1 compression ratio and a 76mm turbo. 10.5 is doable for a street/strip modular engine. So is a turbo that size. The combination of the two is a bit unusual (but possible). 900+ HP is certainly attainable with a modular engine, but would be unusual on the street with the iron block that came in the 2V configuration. Nitrous and turbo combinations are also unusual outside a show. Nitrous causes a sudden spike in exhaust temperature and volume. When passed through a turbo, particularly a fast spooling turbo like the one you listed, the results tend to be (mechanically speaking) unpredictable. Most waste gates are not capable of controlling that kind of spike. We would all be interested in following the build.